Acacia honey makes makes the perfect glaze for duck breasts first rubbed with Chinese Five Spice, drizzled with Acacia honey then roasted to golden perfection.
- 4 medium duck breasts, trimmed
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp Acacia honey
- 5cm/2in piece of ginger, peeled and in matchsticks
- 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled and in thin slices
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced in strips
- 225g/8oz pak choy, trimmed coriander sprigs for decoration
Paint duck breasts with 1 tbsp oil, then rub with Chinese Five Spice. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and cook duck skin side down first until crisp and golden - about 4 minutes. Turn over and cook the other side the same. Turn back to skin side up. Place in a pre-heated oven Gas 6 400°F 200°C for 10 minutes - or until cooked to preference, drizzling with honey for the last 5 minutes.
Heat remaining oil in the duck pan and fry ginger, garlic and spring onions. Add to duck in roasting pan. Meanwhile cook pak-choy in salted boiling water until just tender. Drain.
Spoon ginger and garlic mix onto four warmed serving plates and perch duck breasts on top. Serve with pak choy and decorate with coriander sprigs.