- 225 (8oz) dried fruits, eg. Apricots, apples, pears, peaches
- Pared rind of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 60ml (5tbsp) clear honey
- 200g carton crème fraîche
- 300ml (½pt) Greek yoghurt
- 30ml (2tbsp) soft brown sugar
- Few flaked almonds (optional)
Place fruits in a bowl and our over 450ml (¾pt) water. Leave to stand, covered, overnight.
Transfer to a pan and add lemon rind, cloves, cinnamon and honey. Add enough water to cover the fruits. Heat to boiling point then simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes. Drain, reserving 150ml (¼pt) of liquid. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a heatproof dish with reserved liquor. Remove lemon rind and spices etc. Mix together crème fraîche and yoghurt and top with sugar and flaked almonds, if using. Chill for 30 minutes then place under a pre-heated grill until bubbling. Serve immediately.