Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 150ml (1 pt) clear honey
- 15ml (1tbsp) balsamic vinegar juice and rind of 1 orange
- 4 bacon chops, rind and fat removed
- 1.35kg (3lb) sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 cherry plum tomatoes, halved
- 30ml (2tbsp) pumpkin seeds
- Toasted mixed salad leaves
In a small bowl combine together 30ml (2tbsp) honey, vinegar, orange rind and juice. Add the bacon to the bowl, coat with the sauce and set aside.
Place the sweet potatoes into a pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15minutes until soft and breaking up. Meanwhile, on a medium heat grill the bacon chops for 10-15 minutes, basting with the sauce and turning frequently until the meat is cooked through and beginning to crisp, adding the tomatoes 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
Drain the sweet potato, add the remaining honey and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the pumpkin seeds and mix through. Divide the mash between 4 serving plates, top with the bacon chops and cherry tomatoes. Serve with salad leaves.
Serving suggestion: Try substituting chicken or pork for the bacon chops.