- 30ml (3tbsp) oyster sauce
- 45ml (3tbsp) light soy sauce
- 30ml (2tbsp) clear honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225g (8oz) cooked prawns
- 30ml (2tbsp) oil large bunch spring onions, chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) smooth peanut butter
- 225 (8oz) fresh bean sprouts
- Eight 25cm (10") square sheets frozen spring roll pastry, thawed
- Oil for deep frying
Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey and garlic together. Stir in prawns and marinate for about 30 minutes. Lift out prawns and reserve juices. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan and cook prawns and spring onions for 2 minutes. Stir in reserved juices and peanut butter and cook until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in bean sprouts. Allow to cool. Divide filling between spring roll pastry squares. Fold over one corner and shape the filling into a roll. Fold in the two sides then roll up tightly. Brush the end with water and stick down. Heat oil and fry 2 or 3 at a time for about 3 minutes. Keep warm while cooking remainder.
For a completely vegetarian dish, omit the prawns and replace with a can of drained bean shoots.